Akritas. The last world on the ragged frontier.
Twenty-five years after the People’s Revolution, it’s not uncommon for the few remaining androids to be consigned to isolated borderworlds such as this, far away from the core systems where anti-A.I. sentiment remains rife.
Largely despised and mistrusted by the very people they were built to serve, these androids do not have an easy existence – especially not when such a world turns out to be far more dangerous than could ever have been predicted.
Cryptic trails. Mysterious occurrences. Abnormal behaviour from droids and humans alike.
Perhaps there is more to this place than meets the eye. Perhaps this seemingly desolate planet holds many secrets just waiting to be unearthed …
Sentience: The Android’s Tale is a choice-based narrative adventure game, probably best described as a cross between the Space Pilgrim saga (in terms of the universe) and The Deed (in terms of the non-linear game play).
It’s an ambitious project that’s taken longer to create than any of the previous Pilgrim Adventures titles, so we’re very excited to finally put it out there for players to enjoy.
- Play through a complex narrative which is influenced by your decisions. Freedom of choice does not come without consequence, for humans or robots. Will you be an obedient servant or plant the seeds of chaos?
- Interact with the forgotten pioneers, the twenty-four colonists stationed on the borderworld of Akritas. Get to know their various stories and backgrounds, obey their commands and earn their trust (or not, as the case may be).
- See the world through the eyes of an android and encounter relevant questions about the future of artificial intelligence.
- At least a dozen possible endings. Every major character may survive or perish during the game as a result of your choices and actions.
- Uncover the mysteries of this desert planet on the edge of space and learn the true nature of your mission, all while reliving the days of good old-fashioned point-and-click adventure games.
- Features mouse, keyboard and controller support.